Photo with 40 notes
Been chatting to Mario for a liitle while and he’s about to upgrade his Kawasaki W650 (above).
Check out his build thread for updates.
The story so far…
The W has been mine for about 3 years. Over this time it has seen quite a few tweaks and bolt on tart ups but i have always wanted to pull it off the road for a full respray and mod.
Its finally off the road and in the process of a major strip and hack.
* full strip down
* remove starter motor
* slim battery
* hide all that electrical guts
* chop off any lugs/mounts/metal that has no business being there
* side cover removal
* do…something with the exhaust
* new mount for speedo….was zip ties until about 4 weeks ago…
* relocate ignition…or install super secret hush hush switch
* all bearing refresh
* new clutch
* new disk and rear shoe
* respray and decals
* re run loom
* polish and clear coat engine covers…currently raw aluminium…fking hassle.
Stay tuned for more photos of the strip down, chop & grind.
Like us on FB