The Bikes of Throttle Roll.
Last Saturday, the first motorcycle event of its kind happened in Sydney. I flew out of Sydney 24hrs before. %$#@!
Being friends with the organisers, they were kind enough to forward me the press release with all 48 pictures. I’m showing you the pics of just some of the bikes that were on display.
“Spirits, hair and thumpers were running wild at the debut motorcycle showcase event Throttle Roll on Saturday May 11 at The Vic, Enmore in Sydney, Australia.
With over 3500 (motorcycle enthusiasts, families, hipsters and dogs) people attending the event across the day, the streets of Enmore where filled with the likes of Bobbers, Classics and Café Racers. Traffic clogged up as bikes where parked left right and centre. No parking - signs covered. Footpaths littered with stunning bikes. The Motorcycle show covered 3 streets and that was before anyone had made it inside. It felt like a carnival of a Rio street party level. Once inside the venue 60 of Australia’s best where displayed in this urban jungle of a motorcycle show. Concrete floors, graffiti covered walls, scaffolding 2 bikes high, a massive stage and a whole lot of alcohol. It was a celebration of custom motorcycles and rockabilly culture. 12 hours of vintage inspired entertainment by the Snow Droppers, Wes Pudsey & The Sonic Aces and the Cope Street Parade.
The free event brought people from all around Australia with some of the bikes being hauled down to Sydney from Brisbane for the event. Featuring never before seen bikes from the likes of RB Racing, Mean Machines, Red Star Garage, Rene9ade Custom Motorcycles, Rocker Classic Motorcycles, Deus, Shed – X, Evolution Custom Industries and Desmoclinic just to name a few. There were no right or wrong ways to build a motorbike the wonderful and the wacky where on show with the vibe and enthusiasm staying strong until the early hours of the morning.
The 50 custom motorcycles on show were appreciated by the wide-ranging enthusiasts, from devout Café Racer experts to rockabilly sweethearts. We can’t wait for Throttle Roll 2014.
All pictured Credited to Patrick Stevenson and Throttle Roll.
Ride Safe, Stay Cool
(Founder, blogger, ride co-ordinator, Procrastinator, all round nice guy)”
For a better write up and a few more pics, check out Pipeburn
If you are in Perth and would like to see an event like this happen here, let me know and I might just organise it.
215 Notes/ Hide
- tudobomblr likes this
- marcosergiampietritattooer likes this
- athenajoyy likes this
- brosephroach666 reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- brosephroach666 likes this
- waleed1996 likes this
- yospol likes this
- tontonmichel reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- liquidchaos66 likes this
- bubba1955chev reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- bubba1955chev likes this
- pandacycles likes this
- velogenic reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- surfartlife likes this
- wolfmanx96 likes this
- my-only-fan reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- my-only-fan likes this
- tontonmichel likes this
- kapillare likes this
- poppymilkshake reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- omiknil likes this
- redbullnoir likes this
- chvpacabras reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- chvpacabras likes this
- niko610 likes this
- edenfive9 likes this
- brinkhaus likes this
- confidence-antler likes this
- yamaramu reblogged this from sexfoodbikesetc
- rustyolive likes this
- moke900m reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- propertidy likes this
- twowheeltwinkies reblogged this from sexfoodbikesetc
- demographicfatigue likes this
- kumo2 reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- spdcrzy reblogged this from sexfoodbikesetc
- easywindartphoto likes this
- jackthestripper616 reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- kidcalzo likes this
- asanotherdaypasses likes this
- allanbass likes this
- nackariah likes this
- tucikoeiman likes this
- masayuki-akiba likes this
- giovannidaaavinci reblogged this from sexfoodbikesetc
- giovannidaaavinci likes this
- ghinx likes this
- soldier-up reblogged this from sexfoodbikesetc
- dddyyyfff likes this
- zeedaftpunk likes this