I’ve been talking with Craig on and off for over a year, ever since he saw The Brat at the Perth Motorcycle Show in 2011. We talked about possibly rescuing his engine in his CB450 but nothing came of it. Then I started to see some pics of the beauty you see here pop up on instagram as Craig was building it.
To say I was blown away when I saw the finished product is an understatement. I gushed like a school girl meeting Justin Weiner (skip to 2:30 if you really must watch it). Check out more pics on Craigs Instagram, search "xwolfkvltx"
Here are a few words from Craig.
The idea for building this CB360 came about a year ago now, I am slowly building up another bike and didn’t want to rush it so the 360 was always just going to be a bike I could ride and have fun on in the mean time.
The bike was imported from Portland, USA in January of 2012. I got it running and registered it before starting the modifications.
Even though this bike was only ever meant to have a few slight modifications done so that it could be ridden almost immediately, I found myself with the engine out and the frame was being cut and modified. Trying to fit the build in between work was always an uphill battle but it finally all started coming together.
It has been finished for just over a month now and I haven’t been able to keep off of it, it’s just so much fun to ride.
Here is a list if what I’ve done to the bike…
- Cut and modified the frame and removed all unnecessary components.
- Custom seat fabricated.
- Custom electrics tray hidden under the seat for a cleaner look, all new wiring harness.
- Taillight cut into the rear hoop for a cleaner look with brackets welded on for rear indicators.
- Custom speedo bracket for relocation.
- Rebuilt forks with new seals and new tubes.
- Clip on bars.
- Shorty mufflers.
- Wheels powder coated and respoked with hubs polished.
- Frame powder coated.
- Taper steering bearings upgraded.
- Bronze swing arm bushes upgraded.
- All new cables and brake lines.
- Mikuni vm30 carbs (soon to be changed)
The bike took me about 10 months to build all up with a few hiccups along the way but this is the first bike (WTF! That makes it even more impressive!) I have built so there were a lot of learning curves for me to make. I named it “little lucifer” because its small, red, loud and looks really aggressive.
260 Notes/ Hide
- marvin-man likes this
- hyper8woody reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- hyper8woody likes this
- tnsharpshooter reblogged this from riots-and-romance
- riots-and-romance reblogged this from keatenabbott
- riots-and-romance likes this
- altheapdx likes this
- chadspdx likes this
- richieernolt reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- richieernolt likes this
- walkinwithfaith reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- walkinwithfaith likes this
- closeencounteroftheturdkind likes this
- motorcyclebastard likes this
- bikesupreme reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- renslowww likes this
- kreyziest likes this
- mullerg60 likes this
- randomnessguaranteed reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- ownpersonalhell likes this
- erbmicha likes this
- xanderxeves reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- chaydenphoto likes this
- vi-logra reblogged this from sixpaul
- sixpaul reblogged this from makeupandmotorcycles
- cameramonster likes this
- makeupandmotorcycles reblogged this from theline-shop
- lrdmrcy likes this
- masayuki-akiba likes this
- liamardou reblogged this from theline-shop
- tatsbikesnbits reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles and added:
- jswalling likes this
- salwho reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- lylobee likes this
- thesurfboarddaily reblogged this from booty-official
- p4nku reblogged this from motzel
- motzel reblogged this from breadboards
- booty-official reblogged this from theline-shop
- arrivinghere reblogged this from breadboards
- breadboards reblogged this from theline-shop
- theline-shop reblogged this from frankenhof
- sultanofthesticks reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- sultanofthesticks likes this
- konkurrenzauschluss likes this
- frankenhof reblogged this from shari-vari
- sixclerk likes this
- shari-vari reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- keatenabbott reblogged this from garageprojectmotorcycles
- idriveagirlcar likes this
- ziewashere likes this